Terms of Business
1. In these Terms of Business (“Terms”): “Crane”, “we” or “us” means Easycrane Limited trading as Crane, the “Customer” or “you” means the person, company or entity that purchases the Goods, “Contract” means any contract between you and us which shall incorporate and be subject to these Terms of Business (or any subsequent amendment thereof which we may make at any time and will be disclosed to you); “Goods” means the products supplied to you by us and specified in our invoice.
2. These Terms govern the sale by Crane to you of Goods for which you place an order that is accepted by Crane. Crane’s catalogues and websites are intended for business users only. By placing an order you warrant that you are a business user and we reserve the right to refuse service and cancel orders to non-business customers. No other terms and conditions shall apply. Your acceptance of the Goods shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of these Terms.
3. No Contract will commence between you and Crane for the sale by us to you of any product unless and until we accept your order and dispatch your Goods. For the avoidance of doubt, any such Contract will be deemed to have been concluded in the United Kingdom. Further, any such contract will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England, and you and Crane irrevocably agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
4. Goods are subject to availability and may vary from those advertised. You must decide before ordering if the goods are suitable for your needs. Whilst every effort has been made to display the colours of our products as accurately as possible on our website the actual colours you see will depend on your own monitor. We cannot guarantee that the colour displayed on your monitor or in our catalogue, will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. Crane takes all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on our website and in our catalogue are correct at the time the information is entered onto the system. We reserve the right to refuse orders where product information has been entered onto our website or catalogue incorrectly including prices and promotional activity. Prices are subject to change without notice. If an item you have ordered is out of stock before your order is accepted, we will notify you as soon as possible. Our website is updated on a regular basis.
5. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel or refuse orders for items shown on our website with an incorrect price or with any other incorrect information. No contract is made with you until we have dispatched your order. Crane reserves the right to revise prices, limit quantities, correct errors in its catalogue or website and refuse orders at its discretion including, without limitation, orders from distributors, dealers and warehouse stores, or orders in a size that are unlikely to be for business purposes.
6. Our advertised prices are correct at the time of entering the information onto our website and catalogue; they do NOT include VAT or delivery. Prices and the availability of items are subject to change without notice. The price of some items on our website may differ from those listed in our catalogues; please confirm the price before you order. The total cost of the order is the price of the Goods ordered plus VAT at the current rate plus delivery and packing charges where applicable.
7. We accept payment by bank transfer, cheque, credit or debit card. Credit card and debit card payments are taken at the point of customer order not on dispatch of Goods. Unless you have been advised by us that you are a Crane Credit Account Holder, you must pay for all Goods at the time you place your order. Goods bought on credit must be paid for by 30 days from our invoice date. We may share customer credit history information with relevant credit agencies. All credit/debit card purchases are subject to the normal validation checks and authorisation procedures adopted by the card issuer. Any refusal by the issuer of any payment card to authorise the payment to us, for any reason, will not render us liable for any delay or non-delivery.
8. We remain owners of the Goods until you have paid for all of them in full. We can retrieve and resell them if they are not paid for. This applies to all Goods we supply to you and to any money owing in respect of any transaction with you.
9. Under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 we can exercise our statutory right to charge interest and an administration charge on all invoices overdue.
10. We reserve the right to charge for all deliveries (a) under £50 and (b) for any amount to Northern Ireland and offshore islands (including Shetland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). We operate a standard next day delivery service for in stock items. Please notify us in advance if you have any special delivery requirements – there may be an additional charge.
11. If the Goods do not arrive or are incomplete, or the wrong Goods or are damaged when you open them, you must tell our Customer Services Department within 3 days of receipt or expected delivery – telephone 0800 007 55 66. After delivery you are responsible for protecting the Goods against loss or damage.
12. You cannot cancel a submitted order after the Goods have been dispatched, unless this is agreed in writing by our authorised representative.
13. All Goods are sold to you with the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty. We will accept returns of faulty Goods notified to us within 14 days of delivery, subject to the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty. Some manufacturers operate a day one return-to-manufacturer policy - our Customer Services Department will advise you on this.
14. If faulty Goods are to be returned to us you must obtain an Official Returns Authorisation (ORA) from our Customer Services Department. The ORA will be valid for 28 days. We will arrange for collection of the Goods, which must be available for collection in their original packaging together with all accessories and manuals. We cannot accept unauthorised returns which do not have an ORA.
15. If you change your mind we may take Goods back within 28 days if they are unopened, unused and in perfect condition. This guarantee may be withdrawn at any time and does not cover consumable items, or anything that you have asked us to have specially made or printed for you; or is not in our catalogue or website; or that you have asked us to order specially for you.
16. If you return Goods please ensure that you have backed up any data that you might have put on them. We will not be responsible for any data that is lost.
17. You get the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty in respect of all the Goods we sell. Please note that we do not provide any warranties ourselves in respect of the Goods and we exclude any warranties express or implied by statute, common law or of any other kind. Where applicable, we are willing however to sell you an additional top-up warranty to supplement the manufacturer’s warranty.
18. We are resellers to business customers and, as permitted under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, we exclude liability for claims regarding the quality or fitness for purpose of Goods or otherwise which you may seek to make under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. We are liable for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. We do not accept any liability for indirect or consequential losses or loss of profits.
19. A Clearance/2nd user product is deemed to be a product which is offered by us on our website at a discounted price compared to its original cost where such products have been previously used or opened, have items missing or have damaged packaging. In addition, some have been repaired; details of the status of such products are to be found on the website. Crane makes no warranty in relation to the accuracy of the status of the relevant Clearance/2nd user product as set out in the description. Such products are sold on an ‘as is’ basis with no warranty or guarantee given by Crane other than the remaining manufacturer’s warranty (if applicable).
20. We sometimes offer promotional free gifts. Please let us know if you do not want to receive them.
21. We may monitor or record telephone calls for training purposes.
22. Crane is a trading name of Easycrane Limited. Registered office: Unit 23 The IO Centre, Armstrong Road, Royal Arsenal, London, SE18 6RS. Registered in England No. 4612434. VAT No 805415943. All trademarks acknowledged.
Copyright © 2013 Crane 'the office supplies people'.